Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Prescription Acne Medications ? ? ?

Hi :D





I am about to go to the doctor to get some prescribed acne medication because I'm just sick of having oily skin acne etc. I would look gorgeous if it was all gone which frustrates me more.





Now I was wondering how many people have tried prescription medication and what were the side effects. I don't want to be given something that will make my face flake and dry for half a year and moisturizer wont help.





Has anyone tried a prescription medication that has worked and hasn't destroyed their skin through dryness etc? I'd like to know.





(Any pro-active spammers please, I don't want to hear it).





Thanks in advance.Prescription Acne Medications ? ? ?
yay!!! i have ultra-oily skin too!!!





i use oil absorbing sheets (drugstore brand or clean and clear if you have too--they test on animals)





make up removing cloths (drugstore or pond's--also tests)





side effects... dry skin. and i believe that they surprizingly work a lot slower.... that's my experience. it reads 'it may take several weeks for results'





i love ~H20+ moisterizer. very much. $35 for a bottle. love it. or clinique. they both don't test on animals.





if your skin is prone to drying, i would use a daily acne wash (2% acne med) and a toner (no alcohol so your oil glands don't go on overdrive from the dryness... you can go to the drugstore--it's a little more expensive, but worth it. you can also go to ~H20+) then end with an oily skin moisterizer--face oasis (H20+), or the gel from clinique. the gels are for oily skin. but if you go drugstore, then i would choose the ones for oily skin.





clearasil ultra's acne cream is awesome! i love it. $10 @ drugstores.i would apply it after toner. before moisterizer. if you don't moisterize, then your skin would be dry, leading to more oil.Prescription Acne Medications ? ? ?
I took Accutane for 20 weeks. You have to be monitored and get monthly bloodwork done while taking it and it does have side effects. It dries out your mucous membranes. I don't remember facial drying per se, but if it happened, it didn't bother me as much as as having dry eyes, nose and mouth.





I have tried various topical prescriptions (benzoyl peroxide, Retin-A) but what really took care of it for me was the Accutane. Your oily skin won't go away, but your acne can be diminished.
pro active doesnt work for young teenagers it will only worsen it. i have pimples too and i will look so preety when i dont have those so i recommend using neutrogena or u can ask ur doctor for better sure
It works really well, but it sure does dry out your skin. You'll have to decide for yourself which is worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment