Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How long do prescription acne medications take to clear up skin?

I've been doing the routine I'm on for about 2 months


My routine is:


MORNING


1. Wash with Burt's Bee's Garden Tomato Complexion Soap (well, I've been using this for about a week, my derm told me to use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, but it was WHAAAYYYY too harsh, so I took the natural approach)





2. Put BenzaClin (Rx- Prescribed by dermatologist) on my cheeks, nose, chin... everywhere except my forehead





3. Put Ziana (Rx - Prescribed by dermatologist ) on my forehead





NIGHT





1. Wash with same complexion soap as in the morning





2. BenzaClin all over face





3. Take Doxycyline (Rx - prescribed by doctor - Acne PILL not topical )





4. Take Fish Oil Supplement





5. Take Multi Vitamin





NOTE:


Everything I do is prescribed by my dermatologist, except for the complexion soap because what he recommended was too harsh. I do everything as he said to do it and I don't over do it.





I only pop them when I know they're ready and they're really sore.





I eat only organic food with no preservatives and no artificial colouring, only whole wheat bread, no dairy only soy, no red meats.





How long until I should be clear? By September do you think?How long do prescription acne medications take to clear up skin?
it takes up to 6 months to see a dif. it will get worse b4 betterHow long do prescription acne medications take to clear up skin?
I don't use prescribed treatment for my acne I use St. Ives apricot scrub acne cleanser (found at wal mart). And clearasyl acne treatment cream (also found at wal mart) I first scrub my face with the St. Ives scrub then i dry and put the clearasyl cream on after it. I do that day and night and it work really great!!! Give it a try...It's cheap too!
Gee!! You should have flawless skin after all that! Honestly with my skin i have found that sometimes less is more. I use a face wash and a moisturizer. Maybe it is just your age? I would def. talk your dermatologist if your not seeing results in a month. Your skin care routine should not rule your life!! Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment