Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What is a safe and effective non-prescription acne product?

I was wondering what you think would be the best non-prescription acne face wash for my situation.


I'm 14, have mild-acne on my forehead (even though it's believed to be a myth, I'm pretty sure this acne is because my bangs), and sometimes a pimple on a random location of my face. Other than that, my face is pretty clear and my skin is soft.





BEFORE I really got acne, which is when I was 12, I used Neutrogena Acne-Free Cream Cleanser ... or something like that. I can't find the exact name because Neutrogena doesn't manufacture this product anymore, but it was a creamy type wash...with a white/semi-translucent color. I used that once a day and I didn't have acne.





Then when that was out, I tried Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. After I turned 13, I started getting some acne on my forehead but it was barely any.





After I turned 14, I started using Neutrogena Deep Clean Scrub at nighttime, and some random face wash in the morning. I found after I started washing my face in the morning, it helped control my acne/ random single pimples. But I'm noticing that nothing is getting RID of my acne.





According to my history of facial washes and my situation...what's the best SAFE acne wash to use?





One of my friends told me ProActiv didn't do ANYTHING for her...but I know it's different for everyone.





Another of my friends told me that AcneFree Clear Skin Treatments (the 3-step package) was working wonders on his face, but he's only tried it for a week or so...so I'm guessing he wouldn't know if it had any long-term side effects.





After I heard about AcneFree, I was planning to go buy some but I decided to do some research. I heard the benzoyl peroxide can burn your skin and irritate it severely? And that it makes it really dry? I also read that AcneFree carries MUCH more benzoyl peroxide than ProActiv or any other acne product...is that risky to try? If nothing has ever irritated my skin in the past, should I be safe?





If a product works after a few days, does that necessarily mean it'll work long-term? Because I've heard of people who found amazing acne products, but after a while, their acne returned...and sometimes it was worse?!





Maybe if I only have acne on my forehead, would it be wise to just use the wash on my forehead and use something more gentle on the rest of my face?





Sorry for the extremely long question ...


THANKS BIG TIME THOUGH :)What is a safe and effective non-prescription acne product?
I use AcneFree and it is the only thing that has cleared up my face.





It can start to burn a bit if you leave it on your face so you do need to take care that you don't let it just sit there. But I think it would take a while to give you chemical burns.





I think it just depends on your skin. Some people are really sensitive to the peroxide and cannot use it. Others have no problem with it. For me it has been great. I actually don't use the 3-step kit because the toner and lotion just made things worse but the face wash is AMAZING at least for me. They sell step one by itself in a big bottle now, I buy it at Target for about five bucks.What is a safe and effective non-prescription acne product?
I have used the acne free stuff and it worked for me i used it for about two weeks and it cleared my face up.
Cetaphill is gentle and works great. Also the Clinique 3-step system works really well too. Drink lots of water, that really helps.
First - it is not a myth about your bangs. Hair has natural oils that will get onto your skin, causing acne.





Second - do not use a product that contains alcohol. Rule is - if it stings...it is harming your skin. When I was a teenager there were these little pads (Oxy or something?) that we would rub on the face at night and I remember it stinging and even then I knew that wasn't a good idea.





Cetaphil works wonders and it is gentle for the skin. I think with ProActive, you'd be paying for the well-known name and for Jessica Simpson to be in the commercials. It is a rip-off, in my opinion.





Preventing acne - don't touch your face a lot, keep your pillowcases clean, wash your face before bed and in the morning.





There is no miracle cure for getting rid of an existing pimple. You can reduce its size by applying a hot wet washcloth and sometimes putting Visene on a cotton ball and holding it on the affected area will reduce redness.





The best thing to do for yourself is to wash at night...never use a washcloth - use your hands to lather and splash water on your face to rinse. PAT dry, don't rub.





In the morning after you wash your face use a gentle moisturizer, one that blends well (you may have to pay, but it is worth it). Clinique has a great one but you can also get some good Oil of Olay products.
Just try using different things such as Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. Salicylic acid is supposed to be less harsh than Benzoyl Peroxide, but I take 5% benzoyl peroxide without any irritation. I hate Proactive, and I wasted a month of my time on it, I might actually have clear skin if I didn't listen to my mom and stop taking my prescriptions to try it. It's only active ingredient is 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and you could get that in something over the counter. If you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't suggest it, but I've had no problem with my 5% gel, but Proactiv did sting my face a bit. I don't think it would be too risky to try Acne Free, if you don't have sensitive skin. You should use products all over your face even if acne is only on your forehead because most products work towards preventing new pimples as well, so if you only focused on clearing up your forehead, you might start breaking out in other places as well. That's just my opinion. I've had acne for a really long time, and I've tried a lot of stuff.
i have bangs to so i know your problem.


i tried proactiv and it didnt work at all.


i went to my derma and she said she could prescribe dupac, its new and its cheaper then most


i know its a prescription but if you have nothing else that works get that.


the other thing i used that actually seemed to work really well to get rid of my acne was the biore blemish clearing line or something like that.


it actually works


hope this helps
Do not use scrub like products with things like beads in them as they cause breakouts and irritate the acne.





If you don't want to go to your doctor, then try freederm face products, they are fantastic for getting rid of and preventing acne/spots.





Try to keep your fringe of your face as it encourages the outbreaks.
Its clear you try to keep good care about your skin! This is a good hing. Yes bangs do add oil and DIRT to the skin. Just be diligent about keeping Your skin clean. Cl ease the sin 3-4xs a day. Always use warm water and rinse with COOL water.This helps the skin stay moist and clean. I would stay away from infomercials....as these are expensive and you can use say Kiss My Face products found at drug stores or health food stores.
If I were you, I would try Pro-Activ. It was developed and marketed by two licensed and well-educated dermatologists. The results have been phenomenol. It may not work for everyone but I have heard very good things about it. The price has dropped too and I believe that it has a 30-day guarantee. Can't get better than that! Good luck!
Try Neutrogena Acne Wave. Its REALLY good. I had like alot of forhead acne and i had blothces [[shudder]] and like, after Idk a week a week and a half it went away :] I also got results from the first time i tried it. :] AcneFree didn't do anything for me :/
im 13 and my face is tha same way. but then i got the CLEAN AND CLEAR 3-STEP SYSTEM and it worked wonders for my face. it contains face wash, moisterizer, and spot treatment (for those random pimples) it simple to use and gives you pretty fast results and it works long term to. Hope i helped!!!! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment