Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am taking Accutane, a prescription acne medicine taken orally. My period is late...NO SEX...i am a teen...?

i am pretty sure my period will be coming soon since i ovulated last week (the egg whiteish sticky stuff)...


my period should've come in this past week...i know that becausei am still a teen, i can be irregular at times... i think this might have to do with my irregular sleep schedule (been sleeping at four, waking up at ten, sleeping at twelve, waking up at 7, etc.) and a lot of exercise...





my main question is:


WILL THEY TAKE ME OFF THE MEDICATION IF I TELL THEM THIS?I am taking Accutane, a prescription acne medicine taken orally. My period is late...NO SEX...i am a teen...?
Probably not, since you're obviously not pregnant. But I seriously can't believe they didn't put you on the Pill before even prescribing the accutane. That's against the protocol. Accutane causes hideous birth defects, and most doctors will take no chances that you'll become pregnant by any means while on this drug.





The dermatologist I worked for eons ago required his female patients to sign a form promising to (a) use two forms of birth control (b) abort if they somehow became pregnant anyway while on accutane. If they wouldn't sign the form, they wouldn't get the accutane.
  • topical cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment