Saturday, December 26, 2009

Help!!! I am 3 months pregnant and suffering from severe acne, are there any prescription meds that are safe?

Does anyone know if Isolaz Laser is safe for pregnant women?Help!!! I am 3 months pregnant and suffering from severe acne, are there any prescription meds that are safe?
I am with you on this, I finally got fed up and went to my dermatologist and she said the only thing she can give me is **erythromycin** not sure how to spell it and I am not home right now to check. She said not to use Pro Active while pregnant as it's a Class C product and there isn't any proof but it may or may not harm the baby. There is a topical gel (just fancy for saying apply to the face) that I use or there are pills to take which she gave me a prescription and asked me to okay with my OBGYN which I did and she okayed it, but I never filled it. Just being extra cautious and the gel is helping me anyways!! Hope this helps!!Help!!! I am 3 months pregnant and suffering from severe acne, are there any prescription meds that are safe?
If its really getting you down to speak to your doctor about what is safe but i can say it will level out. All the extra hormones are just taking their toll on your skin. I always had good skin but i get lots of regular spots now that im pregnant. They were worse in the first 3 months, better in the second trimester now that the placenta taken over maintaining the baby cos in the 1st trimester i had really bad spots. Id say wait it out or see your doctor, either way its temporary...after your baby is born and hormones level out again you will be back to normal and have a beautiful baby also
Most medications especially acne meds are not safe during pregnancy.


Acne doesn't last very long though. It is just your body adjusting the the amount of hormones in your system.


I would just be patient.
You need to check with your doctor but I don't think you should be taking anything while pregnant. I use ProActive and it works great if you use it properly.
If your pregnant I wouldn't be taking any type of meds as that


would do harm to the baby!
  • topical cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment