Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Prescription Acne Treatments?

I'm looking for some help with acne.


I've just turned 22 and have started with really bad breakouts, which I think might be stress related [I eat healthy, drink over average 2L of water a day].





I have tried almost every product on the shelves and contemplated buying Proactive but decided not to knowing my face reacts horribly with Benzoyl Peroxide.





I have a doctor's appointement in about a month and will mention it to her and look for something prescription. I have tried Dalacin T in the past, it worked, but it no longer does.





Does anyone have any suggestions of products they tried? I am certainly no interested with Accutane. My friend was on it was horrible. I have joint issues and history of depression, I don't want to go back down there.





I wouldn't mind something oral, but Im afraid of interference with birth control. But am open to suggestions.Prescription Acne Treatments?
Why bother? Bet your already ugly so don't bother trying to get rid of zits.Prescription Acne Treatments?
Hi Andrea....





I posted this in another question, but the answer seemed perfect for your question too....I hope you don't mind that I did a copy %26amp; paste....





';NO PROACTIV! I tried it for five months and I took pictures of my face week by week...it got worse and worse and worse. The reps for Proactiv urged me to just ';keep using it because soon I'd see results';....but it was a LONG trial...I had had enough!! They just want your money.





Here's the nitty gritty....I finally went to my derm. because I am getting married in 10 weeks....any acne you have won't be cleared up with any OTC product from what you are describing....this is my problem as well...





The best thing is that you have scheduled an appt. with a dermatologist.....he/she will give you prescription strength medication and possibly an oral acne antibiotic. Both will take 4-6 weeks to show results, but THEY WORK. The OTC meds aren't getting to the root of your problem...nor mine...so I'm serious when I say you need the doctor-prescribed meds. I have wasted probably $600 dollars in acne meds (OTC, Target-bought, Wal-Mart bought, etc.) and could have saved it all. Think about seeing a derm. doctor...it's worth it.





Best meds so far are Retin-A and Minocycline/Tetracycline/Doxycycline (oral antibiotics).





OH....and here's something my derm. asked me....what kind of moisturizer are you using, if any? This is OTC but you'll have to ask the pharmacist for it. It's Aqua Glycolic face cream....google it and see it's reviews. It works....it's also about $20....but it moisturizes and delivers Alpha Hydroxy Acids and glycolic acid to your skin...it needs that for cell turnover and gentle exfoliation. I've been using it for a week and I CAN see the difference in my face. Check it out.';





Hope that helps some...the oral acne med WILL clear up your skin but, it will interfere with your birth control....sorry.
what i use is from Market America


there's the Skintelligence line, and then F.A.C.E. pads that have seemed to work miracles for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment