Friday, January 8, 2010

Whats a good prescription medicine for acne?

I am a 16 year old with acne. I know everyone gets it but mine is worse than most people. I have body acne and more recently more facial acne. Its kinda bad and I really really want to get rid of it. So I am going to see a dermatologist soon. Do you guys have any recommened medication I should use? And the stuff that I want should perferabably be a cream and no weird side affects. Like getting sterile or having liver problems. That would just suck lol thanks. Whats a good prescription medicine for acne?
You're already on the right track! God bless you!Whats a good prescription medicine for acne?
You already answered you own question. Your going to see a doctor. The first thing is an anti-biotic, a good one, then a good body wash for the oils and grime that build up in the pours, and a good regime for the same thing, it takes a good regime and stick with it along with an attitude to keep it up.


Most teen agers today fall to the way side after awhile and forget it. The body during these stages require all I said and some more to keep it free of acne. It ends after a period.
Washing your face for 30 minutes a day is wrong and can zap you skin of healthy moisture and then your skin rebounds and produces an excess of unhealthy oils. Never scrub your face as this can irritate you acne and make it flare up even more. The only thing that has worked for my acne has been using a non-comedogemic (does not clog pores) face wash, preferably neutragena fresh foaming cleanser. It doesn't clog your pores and has no oil or any irritating ingredients. I steer away from anything that has alcohol in it because I find that alcohol makes me break out almost immediately as though I react to it. Nothing the dermatologist has prescribed for me topically or orally has made much difference. I changed my diet to less fattening and more healthy foods and now I am almost all better. When you wash your face (once or twice a day) use the soap in your hands- do not use a washcloth. dry your face with soft paper towels as these have less bacteria and fabric softener then your regular old towel.
Inorder to get a prescription medicine, you must see a doctor first.





But I won't end this message without leaving some advise:


maintain proper hygiene esp. on the face


avoid fatty/oily foods


avoid stresses


and enjoy being a teenager

No comments:

Post a Comment