Friday, January 8, 2010

The prescriptions I use for my acne work but are drying my skin out a lot! help?

I've been using zoderm redi-pads (8.5) and tazorac gel for my acne. It seems to work but it just drys my skin out to much, I have peeling, redness, itchyness, and it really hurts when I open my mouth wide, and peels. What should I do besides using a different type of acne medication?The prescriptions I use for my acne work but are drying my skin out a lot! help?
Take 10 grams of b5. Im too lazy to type out the coolness of it. Google ';B5 acne'; and you will see how it will clear it up.The prescriptions I use for my acne work but are drying my skin out a lot! help?
first of all, your dermatologist is ';brave'; for prescribing you 2 medications that are known to be very irritating! Zoderm is available in a 4.5% pad which has the same efficacy (works the same at reducing pimples) but is less drying. you could use an over the counter stridex 2.5 % benzoyl peroxide pad and accomplish the same thing without the dryness.


tazorac gel is very difficult to tolerate also. it is available in a 0.05% cream that might be a better choice for you. i would use the tazorac 2-3 times a week (use only a PEA size to entire face.) if it is difficult to measure a pea size for your face, take a cotton ball or pad and wet it, then squeeze out the water. apply the pea size of tazorac to the cotton and spread over entire face, avoiding eyes and corners of nose/mouth.


buy ';Theraplex Lotion'; at the drug store (non-prescription) and rub this on your entire face if you are still dry. your pharmacist can order this for you if you don't see it on the shelf. Theraplex is water based and will not cause pimples.


good luck!
cut back on usage a bit, and add an oil free moisturizer (so it wont clog pores)
Try using Sorbelene cream, it is the lightest and most absorbant skin cream out there, it's also not very expensive, you could also try vitamin e cream or ointment, they are excellent for ridding you of scars or at least they will fade, its also non greasy and easily absorbed, hope this helps, Goodluck!!!
don't use it every day try about 3 times a week
go to the Dr and have him check it out =sounds like you are having an allergic reaction to the stuff that you are trying to heal yourself with
I know that a lot of medications recommend you use it less often when things like this occurs. Like, every other day instead of every day.





Or maybe try moisturizer?
  • topical cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment