Friday, January 8, 2010

Question about Accutane prescription for mild acne?

I have mild/moderate acne and nothing I have done over the past 5 years has cleared it up completely. I have tried tons of over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid stuff and that hasn't worked. I have also tried birth control, Ziana (clindamycin), tetracycline, and minocycline. The minocycline cleared it up pretty well, but there is still quite a bit left, and there's the issue with having to stop taking antibiotics after some time and it coming back even stronger. I want to ask my derm to put me on a VERY low dose of accutane because I am serious about wanting to get rid of my acne permanently. I have done all of the research and know about the risks and side-affects and I am still willing to try it. My question is: what are the odds that my derm will actually prescribe me accutane if I ask for it? Is it really my choice to take it or will she not let me take it if SHE doesn't think I need it? I'm afraid to ask and then get turned down because I want this drug SO badly! Thanks in advance for your help, and please don't chastise me for wanting to take accutane. I know it's a powerful drug and I'm willing to accept the side-affects. :)Question about Accutane prescription for mild acne?
Can I assume you are female? If so, you have to make DARN sure you don't get pregnant.





Other than that, I feel for you. I was on just about every other medication and altered my diet. Nothing worked. Until Accutane.





Was it worth the sensitivity to sunlight and frequent blood tests and possible other side effects? You betcha. People who haven't experienced the kind of acne I had don't have a clue what it's like emotionally.





It's tough, but look at it objectively. Is your acne really that bad? Just make sure you're not getting to rid yourself of the occasional pimple. My skin was downright hideous, objectively or otherwise. Accutane cleared it up and boosted my self-esteem immensely.





Good luck!Question about Accutane prescription for mild acne?
If it's something you're interested in taking, go ahead and ask. The worst that could happen is that she says no.
DON'T use Accutane.


You really don't have to cope with the HORRIBLE side effects...





What the skin needs is a product that clears pores and kills bacteria, thus preventing hair follicles from clogging and turning into acne. This is what you should be looking for if you want to get rid of those ugly acne.





Before trying any treatment, I suggest you read this informational source that listed the most effective acne treatments available:





http://www.17acnetreatments.com





P.S. I also know someone who used to suffer from severe acne for 14 YEARS and finally got rid of it completely. She's sharing her story at her site:





http://20six.co.uk/my-acne-solution





Maybe you could learn from her inspirational story


.

No comments:

Post a Comment