Friday, January 8, 2010

Birth Control for Acne. Do I need a prescription?

I'm 23 %26amp; never has a problem with cystic acne until I hit my 20's. Right now I'm absolutely fed up with trying to solve this problem. I've tried EVERYTHING under the sun to fight this mess but it seems my acne just keeps getting worse! Tried proactive, neutrogena, clearasil, clean %26amp; clear, clearlyallthecrapinthestores... herbal remedies, fire %26amp; ice method, lots of water, take out sweets, even tried doing nothing at all!





Birth control is the only thing I haven't tried. I'm unemployed looking for work at the moment, no doctor %26amp; no insurance.





So the questions are... How do I get a lowered price birth control pill for acne (like Ortho Cyclen)? Do I need a prescription to obtain birth control pills for acne?





ANY help is desperately appreciated! Birth Control for Acne. Do I need a prescription?
planned parenthood will usually have a location for people who don't have insurance and a low income. They will prescribe you the birth control for free. Birth Control for Acne. Do I need a prescription?
you do need a prescription, there is no way to get it over the counter. since every womans body is different, they have different levels of hormones, and there is no way you could get the right one if they supplied it without a prescription. what you can do, is look up your local planned parenthood, or something of the like. they will work with you. the price birth control for individuals based on their income, so it won't be something you can't afford.
go to your local health department or planned parenthood and they should be able to give you birth control for a next to nothing price, since you don't have a job.
Yes you need a perscribtion and a pap smear for ANYY kind of birth control, because before you put those chemicals in your body they wanna make sure number 1 your not pregnenat and number 2 that your body is healthy enough to withstand it. I use ortho trycyclin Lo not only for the acne but for you know the birth control too and it helps for both, so that's a plus. But yeah.. you have to have a doc appt and a doc to receive this. I also take Zoloft and it helps with my skin too... which is weird. lol but good luck to ya. and with insurance my meds are about 30$. So that's about what your looking at. Hope this helped!
Goto a free clinic for women. They'll hook it up.
you do have to have a prescription for birth control, so you are going to have to pony up the money to see a doctor..many of them have samples they can give you too, to take until you can afford to purchase the regular packs.


since you have to see a doctor anyway, ask him about Accutane, used to treat cystic acne.
You always need a prescription for birth control. You can get one from planned parenthood though for a lot cheaper. And you can ask for the generic of it.
Go to the local public clinic in your county. Most birth control is either free or for a small fee like $10. Birth control though does need to be prescribed to you. Also, it is probably one of the best things to control acne!
Yes, you need a prescription for birth control. A doctor could also prescribe acne treatments like Differin, etc. The doctor will want to do an exam and possibly blood work before prescribing birth control. You can apply for Medicaid (federal medical assistance) through your county, or contact Planned Parenthood. They may offer or know where you can see a doctor and get low cost birth control.
some birth control pills will clear your skin ONLY if your sexually active AND there are risk like having a deformed baby if you ever want to get pregnet. think about this throughly and stick to one acne cream like cleasil here are the steps you need to take





-wait 3 days without trying to get rid of your acne


-wash your face with the instuctions ONCE in the morning for 2 weeks


-drink a lot of water


-keep your hair out of your face


-don't touch your face or let anyone touch it unless its nessassary
Yes, there is no way to get a prescription for birth control unless you see a doctor. Can your family help? I had acne that started in my 20s and my mother paid for my birth control because she didn't like my first husband and didn't want me to have children with him. It did clear my acne up but it also caused me to gain weight. I'm not married or on birth control now, but Proactiv really keeps mine under control.
yes you need a scrip and don't u have like a free clinic around close?
Yes - you have to have a prescription. I'd suggest going to your local health department to get it. It will either be very cheap or free.

No comments:

Post a Comment