Friday, January 8, 2010

Dermotologist appt for acne... What prescriptions work best?

I have tried proactiv- it didn't work for me. I use the Murad line now, but I think my problem is hormonal so I am going back on the pill to see if it helps. I just need to know what prescriptions people have used that actually work.Dermotologist appt for acne... What prescriptions work best?
On the pill meaning birthcontrol? Birthcontrol gave me more pimples.. But what has worked for me and has never came back is Multivitamin Supplements AND Vitamin E...and yes u can take two of those the same time.You can get them over the counter.. Their good for your hair,skin,nails and its just good to take period.. Just use directly.. and take them until your pills is all gone... Another one works is prenatal vitamins... My acne scars has gone away from using this too!Dermotologist appt for acne... What prescriptions work best?
Hi,





My granddaughter was having a problem with acne. I took her to the dermatoligist and her told a couple thing.





1. Stop scrubbing your face, and don't use a wash cloth. It tends to spread the bacteria around and spread them.





2. Get a acne medication with Benzoyl Peroxide 5%-10% in it.





Her face has been great, unless she runs out of the medicine. Her friends use all kinds of expensive prescriptions and they don't work 1/2 good as hers. I asked her one day if she ever told her friends what she uses. She said ';NO'; if they want to spend their money on stuff that doesn't work let them... :)





Anyway she buys the Rite Aide brand. Please note it will take a couple days but the improvement is almost miraculous
0.5% salicylic acid cleanser and 5% benzoyl peroxide medication works great for me but you must make sure to use a moisturizer with a minimal sunscreen protection of 15 to prevent dryness and sun sensitivity.
I dont suffer from acne, but I know a few people who are using proactive, and their skin is soooooo clear. The only problem is that if you stop using it your acne will come back.
retin-A micro is great. It helps unclog pores and reduces oil. You have to use it everyday for long term benifits. It sloughes off dead skin and build up that clogs pores and prevents acne in the future. It doesnt necessarily help break outs now( not a quick fix) but a long term preventative one. Any Benzoyl peroxide is great for break outs now. Its helps with redness and inflammation. Topical antibiotics help with redness and current acne to reduce more acne from occurring. Also, it hinders the spread of bacteria ( which causes acne!!) Some great prescription topicals that have Benzoyl and antibiotics combined are Duac or Benza-clin( i have used them!!! ) also ( if your acne is BAD enough) oral antibiotics ( like cephalexin or erythromycin or minocyclin) might help with future break outs as a preventative treatment. So ask your Dr. about these meds and see what he/she thinks about the severity of yor acne. on very very very rare occassions dr. prescribe Accutane.... but ist risky and I think they just passed new laws that its harder to get ( also, you should not be using it if you are pregnant or of child bearing age and not on 2 forms of birth control)








hope this helps!!
hes probably gunna give you something with benzoyl peroxide, i told my derm im allergic to it so he gave me clidymycin(sp?) and tretenoin(sp?) .. together they work good
I struggled with acne for years and I finally found the solution that works for me. We have been fooled, tricked, deceived, and just plain lied to. It's time that someone put a stop to it, and everyone learn the truth!





Those of us who suffer from acne have usually been given 2 choices and neither of them work:





1. Over the counter remedies such as cleansers, creams, ointments, etc. These things have been proven over and over again not to work. Why? It does not address the root cause of the problem.





2. Go see a doctor and or dermatologist. They will generally prescribe prescription drugs which include topicals and or antibiotics. This, too, has been proven over and over again not to work. Why? It does not address the root cause of the problem.





I found a step-by-step program that cured my acne and it has never come back. It is amazing and doesn鈥檛 use any drugs or doctors. The truth is that acne can be cured鈥f we know the secret the doctors and drug companies don鈥檛 want us to know.





There is a great website: http://acnehomesolution.com/index.html that has all the details. I really suggest you check it out and see if it works as well for you as it did for me.
i once used proactiv...oh my God! it RUINED my face..it actually caused deep skin infection instead of clearing up my skin...plus, it's so expensive and it's talked about as if it's some breakthrough when it actually isn't. it's based on benzol peroxide and is sold for so much money when benzol peroxide is a cheap medicine...


i would suggest benzol peroxide and stymicen...have u tried any tetracyclines? retin A? i know someone who used retin A and tetracytlines and her skin cleared up..but u gotta watch out from the sun!


the pill usually helps the skin but who knows what the real reason for your acne is...


why don't u just go to a Dr?
I agree with trish. Don't scrub your face.. For sure not with bar soaps and stuff like that. You can use the face cleaners if you want. Alot has to do with if your face is oily or dry. If it is dry you may use lotions during the day. If it oily no lotions for you.





I personaly use a wash rag to wash water over my face to clean it. I Don't use soap on my face at all. My husband has pimples but I can't get him to listen to me. But his is oily and mine is dry.


If you think you need to use soap try to find a very mild soap for your face or maybe even a baby soap.





You may want to go with a face wash instead of the cleaners, also.





Good Luck
You have to attack acne where it starts, with your diet. For me, diet was the cause and solution. Topical medications fight the symptoms. Start by eliminating trans fats and eating more fruits and vegetables. Once you start cleaning up the inside of your body, by eating properly, the outside of your body (your skin) will be get cleaned up too. I started a website to document my problem and solution.





http://www.fredstown.com/acne.html





You might find it helpful to read my story. Just remember to eat an all natural/organic diet with lots of fruits and vegetables. Stay away from processed foods. Use mild, all natural cleansers and don't pick at your face. Get lots of sleep and enough water for your body weight. Remember, clean body = clean skin. While you're waiting for your skin to clear, remind yourself that acne is a challenge that you will overcome soon. Once you're rid of it, tell all your friends how you did it. That's what I'm doing. God Bless.
hmmm. i don't really have bad acne, but whenever i break out, i just use some olay age defying cleanser. it sounds weird but it works pretty well for moderate acne.
If you鈥檙e looking for accurate acne information, best to see a dermatologist. Some people believe doctors are predisposed to take the easy way to deal with acne鈥?prescription drugs. But, with many, this simplistic answer may not be the appropriate course of action. Some feel that such prescription drugs just treat the symptoms and not the underlying cause. But, a local dermatologist is still your best starting point.





For me personally, I discovered a great informational acne treatment site. Not only is there good information/articles but I got their audio e-book and following it鈥檚 advice can now say that my acne is a thing of the past! Keep in mind, were all different and there are various types of acne, so what works for some may not be totally effective for all.





Bottom line, hang in there, you will get past this! Sincere best wishes and good luck.


Oh, by the way the site that helped me is:


http://www.acne-treatment-medicine-1.inf鈥?/a>





http://www.medical-research-study-direct鈥?/a>


http://www.lasik-surgery-san-diego.info/


http://www.san-diego-dentist.us


http://www.san-diego-plastic-surgery-cos鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment