Monday, April 26, 2010

Can I go to the Emergency Room to get a prescription for acne products?

I know that acne is not life threatening, but I truly need some prescriptions for my skin. I dont have health insurance any longer and dermotologist I used to see costs $200...money I dont really have. I know that if I got to the ER they will send me a bill for services. This way I can at least get the Rx and be on my way to helping my skin.





So, do you think the ER will see me?





Also, the Rx I used that worked were Erythromycin-Benzoyl Perioxide Topical Gel and amoxicillian pills (they truly worked wonders!!). Also, I have used Proactiv and all the other commercial acne products. I dont have good skin so normal wash-face-with-soap-and-water dont work. I have super oily skin with large acne deep in my skin. I get white-heads (so there is a bacterial infection somewhere) and they even are painful.





So...should I got to the ER for the prescriptions????Can I go to the Emergency Room to get a prescription for acne products?
just get a new dermotologestCan I go to the Emergency Room to get a prescription for acne products?
I'm an ER doc. It works like this. The ER MUST screen you for a life threatening condition. We must make sure you ';rash'; is not a dangerous rash like stevens johnsons or meningococcemia. Now...as for the prescription...





It all depends on how I feel that day. It depends on how much I like you. It depends on if you did not just piss me off because you abused the ER system. I do NOT have to write you for a prescription of what you asked for. You will still get billed for the ER visit, because I will have done my job, which is making sure you do not have an emergent condition.





Personally, I definately would not write you for amoxicillin pills. Maybe the topical stuff (and remember, only if i feel like it).
No don't go to ER. Try a general practitioner. They'll just send you away at the ER
no use ER doesnt have meds for acne.


Dont waste the valuable time and resources designed for the emergency cause
It is doubtful that any emergency room will even see you or treat you for acne. The triage nurse, the one that assesses your condition on arrival, will most likely turn you away and refer you to your own physician. You state that the ER will send you a bill for services. An emergency room visit is much more expensive than an ordinary doctor's office visit. I'm not understanding your logic there.





You might try calling your doctor's office, and asking if they'll call in the prescriptions to a pharmacy for you. Also, let the doctor's office know about your ability to pay. You may be able to work out some financial arrangements with the dr's office.
yeah dont use the ER they are there for trauma and life threatining situations. Not only would you waste your time to be seen because its not life threatining when you called up for your turn to be seen they would ask you to leave or make an appointment with the dermotologist there or another private practice. Hell they may even charge you money for wasting their time. It's no joke with the ER trauma folks.


your best bet is to check out Medicaid. They do have free health insurance if you qualify.


PLEASE CHECK OUT THESE WEB SITES INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE ER.
As far as my knowing,it is a question with various answers,it is definitely depending on the your mind ,providing a great resource here http://www.healthinsurance-onlinetips.info/health-insurance-for-free.htm for reference though.

No comments:

Post a Comment