Monday, April 26, 2010

Anybody else been on a million prescriptions for acne? What finally worked?

I have been going to the dermatologist for 2 years, and have had my prescription changed every 2 months, and nothing has worked. If you currently have or have had acne, what has worked best for you?Anybody else been on a million prescriptions for acne? What finally worked?
When I was younger, it was Accutane. I heard that Differin works now days...Anybody else been on a million prescriptions for acne? What finally worked?
Try limiting your dairy consumption.





A 2005 Harvard study found a connection:





';Acne Associated with Dairy Intake鈥?br>




A new Harvard study links dairy products to adolescent acne. A group of 47,000 women from the Nurses鈥?Health Study was asked to provide information about several aspects of their diet during high school as well as any incidence of physician-diagnosed severe teenage acne.





Researchers noted a positive association with total milk and skim milk consumption, along with instant breakfast drinks, sherbet, cottage cheese, and cream cheese.





No association was found with several other foods often thought to affect acne, including soda, french fries, chocolate candy, and pizza. The scientists postulate that hormones and bioactive ingredients found in milk may be responsible.';
eat fruits and vegetables. avoid oily snacks and use an oil free face wash frequently.
You don't said your age or you life style but usually young people have oily skins. When you are under stress your body liberates cortisone which increase your acne. Try to have your skin clean using appropriate products for acne and protect your skin from sun and lights (including artificial light) with a non- comedogenic sun block. I know of an specific product that can help you 1-787-398-3414
Yes, but my home remedy is super easy, and cheap, I assume you have oily skin so at night take one egg white throw away the yolk and rub it on like a facial, leave on for 20 minutes then rinse it off, sweet dreams and take cooler showers, hot showers make your oil glands work harder because the hot water dries your skin out so try it and I hope it works for you!
Ive been there! Im 27 and have had acne since I was a teenager. I have tried everything from Retin-A to Accutane to Benzoclin to ProActiv. The simplest thing that my great grandmother told me to do is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I've been acne free for the 3 months I've been doing it. I dont even wear make-up out all the time which I havent done since I was little! I wash my face, morning and night, with tea tree oil facial soap and follow up with Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner. (you can get both in any health food store) It's best to use the toner only at night for the first few times to see how your skin will react. It will sting a bit (but not uncomfortable) and your face will be a bit red but it normally subsides in a bit. If your skin adapts pretty quickly and the redness goes away quickly, use it in the morning after washing, as well. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin, it's ridiculous. The overall texture improved, pores arent so visible, not so oily....just amazing. And I never had 'good skin.' I wish I had tried this years ago because it would have saved me thousands of dollars. Sometimes the doctors and prescriptions arent always the best cure. Hope you try it and it works for you!
accutane
  • topical cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment